About Me

My photo
We have lived in Romania for 16 years now. We have 6 kids. The top photo of our family is the day we met the twins, just before their 4th birthday. We were granted custody of them on their 5th birthday.

Monday, March 3, 2008

Tomorrow!!

Tomorrow is the big day...we finally get to meet the twins. We will spend Tues evening and Wed morning with them and hopefully we will be able to submit our request for placement at this time too. We also pray that we will be able to tell them that we want to be their family so they can begin to prepare for the huge transition that is about to take place in their lives. I will take lots of pictures and post them as soon as I get back! The big prayer request at this time is quick placement. We really need to start bonding with these kids as soon as possible and in Romanian NOTHING happens quick so it will take the hand of God to make this possible. We serve a mighty God and have faith that He will move mountains! I can't wait to meet them!!!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Yaaaaay! I remember how I felt having to wait to go see J and J...we got the word that they were ours on Friday, but Jason had duty on Saturday...so I had to wait until he got home Sunday morning before we could head out!

I just went back and re-read the posting from Sunday, July 23rd, the day we saw them for the first time...I just about cried again! I am soooo excited for ya'll...adoption and twins are BOTH very near to my heart!!!


Sunday Visit
I cannot tell you how great it was to go see our boys! Jonathon and Jacob are sooooo much cuter and handsomer and precious in 'real life' than in the pictures...you just can't capture it on film! These truly are the most beautiful, awesome babies ever born! And I can brag on them aaallll day and aaallll night, because I truly had nothing to do w/ it! We saw a bumper sticker on the road home that said "It's not Mother Nature, it's Father God" and that could not be more true! It was so amazing to hold these tiny little bodies and feel their heartbeat and feel them breathe and know that God gave them to us. Wow.

We did, in fact, count 10 fingers and 10 toes on each of them! They look very similar, but are very different. Jonathon is bigger, and has a rounder head. Jacob is smaller, and has a flatter head. Jacob's fingers are LONG! Both of them had big knees...I've never really noticed a baby's knees before...is that like big feet on a puppy? Does it mean they're going to be tall? Who knows?! Their eyes are very similar, too.

Sorry I don't have new pictures yet...we DID take the camcorder and the camera, but we each refused to put down a baby long enough to take a picture! Michelle took some of each of us and of us together, but I haven't gotten them in the email yet. As soon as I do, I'll post them! :-)

As we got in the truck to leave, I felt a little funny. It was hard to describe, but as we drove away, I think it hit me....you know how your arms feel when you've been carrying something really heavy for a really long time and then all of a sudden put it down? Kinda empty, but yet still reaching, straining to hold on? My arms had never really felt empty before. But now they do. I miss my sons already. I know they're only 2&1/2 hours away and that Michelle loves them almost as much as I do, but NOW I feel like Mama. And they're not here. Yet. My heart is a little heavy, but I know Saturday's coming! Hunh. It just came to me....I wonder, if up in heaven, God the Father feels the same way about the rapture....His kids aren't there...but we're coming...one day.

Well, it's been a long day...I've been up since 0300!....I'm going to go get ready for bed...it's going to be funny, if the first good night's sleep I get is the boy's first night home!

Jackie said...

Weeeeellllll.....?!?!?!?! Don't keep us in suspense...I always think the worst when there's no word.....!!!