About Me

My photo
We have lived in Romania for 16 years now. We have 6 kids. The top photo of our family is the day we met the twins, just before their 4th birthday. We were granted custody of them on their 5th birthday.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Kids Club

Zach, diligently reads the Bible every day. He is reading through the Bible. He told me he skipped the hard parts of Leviticus :). He said he skipped to parts that he could learn a lesson from. I told him that was ok!
This is Lidia. She is a Hungarian-Gypsy. I believe there are 7 kids in her family. It is always hard to be sure when they are telling the truth or when they just don't know the answer so they give you one. A group of Hungarian Gypsy kids have been coming to kids club and Sunday School. They don't know how old they are. Lidia told me she was 6 one day but then she told me she was in 3rd grade. Her cousin, Avraam, told me he was 9 and that he was also in 3rd grade with Lidia. So, I asked Lidia if she was 9 and she said, "oh, yes I'm 9." Then she brought a little brother who looked about 2 or 3 and they told me he was 5. Zoli, the 5 year old tells me he is 10. They can fluently speak 3 languages, Hungarian, Romanian, and Gypsy. The boys will say something to me in Gypsy and ask if I know what it means and then the girls tell me they aren't saying nice things. I am trying to get them to speak only Romanian at church!
We had 26 kids at kids club Saturday. The boys were upset when we played this game. They said, "oh man, the girls are going to win because they are better at sweeping then we are." We continue to pray that as these kids come and the Word of God is planted in their hearts that they will give their lives to Jesus!

Baron has had many opportunities lately for witness. We realize how important it is to build relationships here. He has had many chances to talk to church neighbors, and others of Christ's love for them and how they can know they can have eternal life. So many people here just think that no one can know that. There is one young man who is especially open. Baron will be visiting with him at the end of this week. He is caring for his dying father so he is probably thinking more on eternal things. He has been to church a lot lately and heard the salvation message clearly since Baron is preaching through Romans.

No comments: