About Me

My photo
We have lived in Romania for 16 years now. We have 6 kids. The top photo of our family is the day we met the twins, just before their 4th birthday. We were granted custody of them on their 5th birthday.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Little Things

We recently celebrated two birthdays. Spencer turned 9 on June 6 and Nate turned 3 on June 12th! It felt weird celebrating their birthday's without Zach. It feels weird that I don't have a baby anymore (although don't tell him he's not the baby anymore). We really need to work on getting rid of the pacifier (for those of you who are appalled that we still have a paci, he only uses it at night).



We are now starting our third week of having the twins. The longest we have ever had them was 2 weeks so we hope that things start to settle into a routine and we get the court paper we need next week and we don't have to take them back in July!


I am taking my first ever overseas trip all alone. I wonder if I'll sleep. Usually I can't sleep because I have to keep checking to make sure my kids aren't falling out of the seat or that their had hasn't fallen into some strangers lap. I did take one trip 3 years ago when I was pregnant with Nate to Amman Jordan for my brother's wedding. I wondered if I could possibly have fun without my husband and kids...I learned very quickly, I could have a lot of fun without them :) so I anticipate I will miss them terribly and be ready to get back to Romania but I also anticipate I will greatly enjoy a little quiet R & R in America.

No comments: