About Me

My photo
We have lived in Romania for 16 years now. We have 6 kids. The top photo of our family is the day we met the twins, just before their 4th birthday. We were granted custody of them on their 5th birthday.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thankful

I am thankful for so many things! Here are some of the more material things I am thankful for: I am thankful for the fresh supply of brown sugar and chocolate chips I received this morning...little things mean a lot when you are far from "home".
I am thankful that the boys got a surprise pack of pop tarts. What fun to hear them screech and hollar this morning when they found out they were going to eat a pop tart for breakfast! I am thankful for the pretty snow that fell this morning...it is so much nicer then a cold rain.
I am thankful for the fun time I have with my family. I enjoy being around my kids (most of the time).

I enjoyed seeing them watch the snow fall from their window this morning. I am thankful that we get to go to Vienna for Thanksgiving. It will be a nice little break.
Now for some of the spiritual things I am thankful for. I am thankful for how God is working in Isabela's heart. She is growing so much in her love for the Lord. I am

thankful that the Lord has put it on Catalin and Nadia's heart to adopt or become foster parents...we have been praying that some people in our church would be burdened for this ministry. I am thankful for the peace that God is giving through the adoption process. I am so thankful to know that He is in charge of the children we are to raise for Him and I don't have to worry about the laws or the children. I can just pray and leave it in His hands and expect Him to show us the way since He gave us this burden. I am thankful to have family coming for Christmas this year. I am so thankful for how much our family has been able to come visit us since we moved over here 6 years ago.
There is so much to be thankful for...the very breath that I breathe is a gift from God. His grace that He pours out on me that is so undeserved. His mercies are new every morning. The strength He gives to live a victorious life. The joy He gives.
So, this holiday season I say, "Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe."

No comments: