About Me

My photo
We have lived in Romania for 16 years now. We have 6 kids. The top photo of our family is the day we met the twins, just before their 4th birthday. We were granted custody of them on their 5th birthday.

Friday, November 9, 2007

Revelations

I am usually kind of afraid to read the book of Revelation. I just have always found it difficult and quite frankly a little scary so I usually skim through it or avoid it all together. My husband brought me a few NT survey books down because of a question I asked him last night (nothing to do with Revelation) and as I was looking at the book I thought maybe this could help me a little with the book of Revelation so I looked at it and it gave several ideas for studying the book. One of the suggestions was to look at the Songs of the Redeemed and I was amazed at all the wonderful songs of Praise that I read. Here are a few of my favorites:

5:12 "Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom, and strength and honor and glory and blessing!"

7:10-12 "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!" Then everyone around the Throne of God falls on their faces and worships Him saying:
"Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom, Thanksgiving and honor and power and might, Be to our God forever and ever. Amen."

15:3-4 "Great and marvelous are Your works, Lord God Almighty! Just and true are Your ways, O King of the saints! Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy. For all nations shall come and worship before You, For Your judgements have been manifested."

I love beautiful and grand music that worships God. I can't even begin to imagine what singing with a choir of millions upon millions in heaven will be like! Until that day I will continue singing to Him here on earth with my feeble voice but singing with a heart full of love and joy knowing that I am redeemed and have been given something I could never earn!

No comments: