About Me

My photo
We have lived in Romania for 16 years now. We have 6 kids. The top photo of our family is the day we met the twins, just before their 4th birthday. We were granted custody of them on their 5th birthday.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Home

It's been over 2 years since I've updated this blog! I've been thinking about writing again for a while but just haven't had the words to put down yet. I still don't really know if I can express what I want to share but I do want to share our journey over the past 2 years with our daughter. I won't start on this one but I do want to say leaving America is always hard for me; leaving America this time with 3 children still there was extremely hard. I wanted God to not make me leave. I wanted this to not be our path but it is our path and I can live in misery going my own path or I can settle in peacefully to the path God has for our family. God is teaching me so much through these difficult times. So many times I'm pulled to wanting to stay in my comfort zone, it's easy to stay in wealth and comfort...God doesn't want us to stay in our comfort zone.
I read a devotion by Paul Tripp this morning: "The call to deny yourself will be a challenge, but remember - it's a rescuing grace. you will never find life in your spouse, in your children, in accumulating possessions, in the esteem of friends, in the most beautiful location, or even in theological knowledge.
Taking up your Cross daily means putting to death your sinful and selfish desires and accepting a life-giving invitation that the Enemy and created world can never offer: the all-surpassing glory of knowing Christ.
This is the world's best prize. This is the universe's best banquet. This is the only thing that will give your life meaning and fill you with lasting joy."
I had so much support this past year in the States and knowing that so many of you are praying is such an encouragement as we begin this new phase of life. I will little by little try to start sharing our journey in hopes that other families who have adopted and are going through a difficult time will be encouraged and not feel alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trusting all things to the great God who will never leave us nor forsake us. Praying for all of you. I love you, Mom Howie