About Me

My photo
We have lived in Romania for 16 years now. We have 6 kids. The top photo of our family is the day we met the twins, just before their 4th birthday. We were granted custody of them on their 5th birthday.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Christmas

So Christmas will be here before we know it. I have 6 kids in particular I want to bring Christmas too. We have about 25 kids in Sunday School and we will get them all a little something but there are 6 kids I want to do something special for. Two of them have just started coming to church with their foster mom. The boys are 8 and 5. They are in their third foster home. This lady that has them now seems to really care for them. Their previous foster moms were disasterous. The two girls are 9 and
4, they live down the street from us. Their dad left and their mom doesn't have a job so they are living off of about $100 a month. The other two come to our church. The brother is 8 and the sister is almost 6. If anyone is interested in helping me do this I would love to get some color wonders from the states (I brought back a bunch this summer and the kids here were mesmorized by them and loved them) and Christmas Candy. We are helping all the older siblings with homework and noticed reading is a real problem. They have no books to read at home and so they don't get much practice. I buy a book every couple of weeks to build up my Romanian book library so they have something to read when they come here. Obviously you can't buy Romanian books and send but if any book lovers out there wanted to buy these kids some books they could donate the money and we could buy them some over here.
If you are interested in helping and want more information please contact me. Remember, for the stuff to get here in time you should send it by the end of November at the latest. God bless you this holiday season.

1 comment:

Marrena said...

Joyce...how much does a book cost in US dollars?
Thanks:-)