About Me

My photo
We have lived in Romania for 16 years now. We have 6 kids. The top photo of our family is the day we met the twins, just before their 4th birthday. We were granted custody of them on their 5th birthday.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Typical School Day

Ok, so this first picture really has nothing to do with a typical school day but I thought I would throw it in for my grandma, Marvelous Marv :) Our new little dog, Buster, is not usually tolerant of the cats, but now that it is chilly outside he is allowing them to snuggle with him in his basket to keep himself warm.


Nate goes around and visits the boys as they are in school seeing if he can get them to come and do puzzles with him or entertain him. Spencer is easily distracted and doesn't like school so he is all to eager to have Nate come and join him at his desk.





I usually have one boy taking a break while 2 or working so that Nate always has someone to play with. Some boys do better then others at entertaining him.



This is Zach doing his typing class on the computer. He loves school but he hates typing.













This face pretty much sums up Spencer's feeling of school...he says it is useless and he thinks school should be outlawed. He prefers to play all day.




If only every year were as fun as kindergarten. Drew is enjoying his "work". He still has trouble pronouncing "r" but is flying through school. He is in first grade reading books and will be in first grade math by next sememster. I asked him what makes a school day fun and he said, "lots of paper work."


2 comments:

JannelleMarie said...

Hi! I got your website from a friend at Casa Alba. I worked with the twins two summers ago and they are so wonderful, but I know you already know that. It is so neat to see how happy they are and how much they have grown. I am so thankful to your family because they get to experience what it is like to have a family who loves them so very much. I will be praying for your family and I am so excited for all of you!! (And, I have tons of pictures of them from that summer if you don't already have a lot)

Jannelle McComb

Joyce Howerton said...

I always love getting pictures of the twins!